YouTube Channel two year anniversary report

Death Valley related discussion
Death Valley Dazed
Death Valley Resident

YouTube Channel two year anniversary report

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Sat May 27, 2017 9:32 am

Time flies when you're having fun, especially in my favorite national park, Death Valley.

Two years ago I started a non-commercialized, non-monetized, public domain and a non-copyrighted channel devoted to the pure joy of being in the park. I really enjoy the freedom of posting images and videos without a concern for the financial side of creativity. I'm not knocking professional photographers, tour guides, outfitters or promoters making a buck off of their efforts. I just feel lucky that I don't feel the need to have money attached to sharing my adventures in the park.

I am not a professional photographer, videographer, graphic artist or designer, just a guy who uses point and shoot cameras, a GoPro and an iPhone.

Death Valley Dazed https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJKlCp ... k6K6Cu2ugA So far has 120K views and 140 subscribers to the 119 videos posted since May 20, 2015. The channel ranks 13th most viewed when "Death Valley National Park" is searched for at YouTube. The good news is that this is just a warm up. Or bad news if you don't like YouTube or like to keep the park's lovely secrets to yourself.

I'd like to say that the channel's popularity is due to the subject matter, not the creator. You rarely see my mug in any of the shots because that detracts from the true purpose of showing off the park, not me!

Thanks to those on this forum whose ideas, suggestions and trip reports have stimulated me to take some paths far less traveled in the park.
Life begins in Death Valley