Keane Wonder History - Ranger Stoltzfus - Nov 2017

Death Valley related discussion
Death Valley Dazed
Death Valley Resident

Keane Wonder History - Ranger Stoltzfus - Nov 2017

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Observing history being made is always a thrill and recording it has its challenges for an amateur like me so you'll just have to settle for what you get for free. You get what you pay for! LOL

The last image of the sunset spotlighting the Keane township area does not do it justice, so glad to have been there to soak up the action.

Ranger Jeremy Stoltzfus presents a brief history of The Keane Wonder Mine at its grand re-opening November 7, 2017. Vintage photos, current video surveys of the mine and the springs backdrop Jeremy's excellent presentation. I was lucky enough to be the first one at the mine's gate early in the morning and the last one to leave that evening as the sun winked at the mine from over the Panamint Mountains. Note: images of the springs were taken two days later in the morning of November 9, 2017 and added here for informational purposes.

I have a third video underway of the opening days activities - Jeremy Stoltzfus and about thirty visitors hiked up to the first tramway tower where he answered questions about the stabilization of the area, some fun details about the helicopter crew performing the work and other events. I was able to capture a few of his comments, not the entire event because I was off snapping images.

https://youtu.be/XF8EWj1USCk
Life begins in Death Valley