Cottonwood Water Sign

Been on a recent trip? Here is the place to share it.
bread
Jayhawker

Cottonwood Water Sign

Post by bread » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:32 am

Lots of trash out in the desert it seems (the human kind)...I was out with some friends and wanted to take them out to see the old Indian trail, rood rock, and the lemoigne canyon area. It looks like the "cali kingz" or something were gouging their name into rocks along the path and the Cottonwood water sign is long gone. I haven't been out there in a while, so sorry if this is old news. I didn't see anything searching on a few forums about it, so I figured I'd put it out there.

Not sure why people would want to go all the way out there just to tag on a rock and take a sign, but we have been seeing more and more instances of people trashing stuff. Anyone got other examples of this so I can be entertained/angered by the stories? :dezdan:

Aedwards27
Grubstaker

Re: Cottonwood Water Sign

Post by Aedwards27 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:07 pm

The sign went missing sometime in 2017. I hike that trail often, It was there in October of 16, by September of 17 it was gone. Idiots!

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Post by Candace_66 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:06 pm

Aedwards27 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:07 pm
The sign went missing sometime in 2017. I hike that trail often, It was there in October of 16, by September of 17 it was gone. Idiots!
:bawling: :angry: SMH. Glad I got to see it while it was still there.

MojaveGeek
Death Valley Resident

Post by MojaveGeek » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 pm

I was out there last year at this time. There was no vandalism. That sucks. There were two signposts up, but the actual signs (typically blue enamel with white lettering) were on neither.

Funny story. It was my first time out there and I was looking for Rood Rock. Candace, I think, had given me a waypoint. We were just walking along and I started to think "better look at the GPS, we must be getting close". I was in the lead. As I took out my GPS to look, Eric, behind me, said "Look there's some writing on that rock". I'd just walked past it! :oops: