DV Nov 2014 -- Wingate Wash, Red Wall Cyn, Pyramid Pk

Been on a recent trip? Here is the place to share it.
SteveH
Death Valley Resident

Post by SteveH » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:28 am

Just a brief note that I kind of reached a crossroads and have decided to discontinue posting here on the forum (and all others). Other forum members before me who have left did so without saying goodbye and I didn't want to do that. I'm going to spend more time hiking off the grid but at the same time continue to update my site with brand new DV reports and improvements on the old reports. In fact, I just now returned from another very successful trip to DV. Anyone who wishes to keep in touch with me can do so through e-mail or by monitoring my blog. As I won't be monitoring the forum any more, it would be nice if long-time members could let me know if you have any interesting future hiking experiences. Thanks everyone for all the fun memories and I wish you all the best. This will be the last time I log in here and if possible I would like a mod to delete my account but keep my posts for the benefit of future hikers. Take care, everyone.

JesPortland
Grubstaker

Post by JesPortland » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:46 am

Steve,

I guess I'm missing something here. You are leaving because? Why would others leave this forum? I have found of the several forums I visit this is the most informative, without the craziness and rudeness that can occur in other forums.

I have probably been guilty of not responding enough to trip reports. I think though, the most important thing is the actual "views" that are made. People are reading and thinking about what people post. I absorb it all, wishing I could do some of these trips people do. I have visited the last five springs(late March, early April), after a 32 year hiatus when I came almost every spring break in my youth '66-78'.

Still confused as to why you and others would leave. "Crossroads"?

The ongoing concern for revealing special places that are wanted to be protected?

Well your site is looking good and I am enjoying reading the Marble/Cottonwood loop, something I want to continue on my next visit.

Regards,

Jon

agtoau
Breyfogler

Post by agtoau » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:49 am

Steve,

Sad to see you go. I, of course, have your site bookmarked and check it at least once a week.