Death Valley Natl Pk; Racetrack Valley, Ubehebe and Lost Burro Peaks Nov 21-22, 2018

Been on a recent trip? Here is the place to share it.
John Morrow
Jayhawker

Death Valley Natl Pk; Racetrack Valley, Ubehebe and Lost Burro Peaks Nov 21-22, 2018

Post by John Morrow » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:29 am

After a long long drive through Mojave National Preserve, Kimberly and I landed in the Racetrack Valley where we set up a camp at the mouth of Lost Burro Gap (Hunter Mountain Road) for a couple of nights and days of hiking.
Our first day was a hike up Ubehebe Peak 5678' trail from the Racetrack and onto the Racetrack and Grandstand.

Later in the day was some afternoon explorations of local canyons from camp in order to avoid a windstorm. We thought we'd be in the thick of a Racetrack Valley sandstorm but the only sand in the air was in the far distant Saline Valley.

The next day we found a neat way to access Lost Burro Peak 6097' above the Lost Burro Mine by approaching through a deep slot canyon with dryfall scrambles and bypasses. This hike is well described and mapped in Michel Digonnet's "Hiking Death Valley: A Guide to its Natural Wonders and Mining Past".

Full set of pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23557848@ ... 4507211075

Stincil
Jayhawker

Re: Death Valley Natl Pk; Racetrack Valley, Ubehebe and Lost Burro Peaks Nov 21-22, 2018

Post by Stincil » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:26 am

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks,

Keith

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Re: Death Valley Natl Pk; Racetrack Valley, Ubehebe and Lost Burro Peaks Nov 21-22, 2018

Post by D.A. Wright » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Beautiful views from points of view that I’ve never been to. Thank you!
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.