On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Notice: There were some email issues discovered. If you registered but have not received your registration email and/or you attempted to change your password, please use the 'Contact Us' link here or at the bottom of every page and supply us with your details.

Throw no stones

Discuss and share your favorite photos, techniques, cameras, or anything else related to photography
Orofinogulch
Jayhawker

Throw no stones

Post by Orofinogulch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:32 am

It would be quite surreal to come upon this unexpectedly in the desert...

http://www.viralforest.com/happens-put- ... ck-desert/

netllama
Grubstaker

Re: Throw no stones

Post by netllama » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:56 pm

That is awesome.

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Post by D.A. Wright » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:05 pm

That structure is a short distance from my where very elderly parents lived until last year, they lived there since the 1980s. I believe I have seen that cabin in its original state. Moved my parents up to north central Nevada last year to a senior independent living apartment.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Post by Candace_66 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:39 pm

That's pretty awesome, I'd love to know where that is, in case I get down that way this season...

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Post by D.A. Wright » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Off the east side of Border Avenue, within a couple miles of where the road makes a sharp 90 degree turn west and become Reche Road heading to Landers and CA247. I may be totally wrong, but the background fits perfectly.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Death Valley Dazed
Grubstaker

Mirror mirror on the wall

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:20 pm

this optical artist tops them all.

Simply astounding in concept, skill of installation and final result. Thanks for sharing!
Life begins in Death Valley

MojaveGeek
Death Valley Resident

Post by MojaveGeek » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:51 am

That does look very cool. I'll be out in that area next month and maybe I can find it. Trying to find it on the sat images in the area DA mentions (I assume he's correct) is a bit tricky so far.

It looks like back some years ago it included LED panels and stuff instead of the big mirrors; the artist likes to work with LED panels judging by what I have seen online. But this one looks just fine with only natural light!