[Middle] Hidden Bridge Canyon Narrows

Discuss and share your favorite photos, techniques, cameras, or anything else related to photography
clevelandc88
Jayhawker

[Middle] Hidden Bridge Canyon Narrows

Post by clevelandc88 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Completed an epic hike out to the canyon known by some as "Hidden Bridge Canyon" in the Cottonwood Mountains. A true playground for slot canyon lovers and probably the most beautiful and unique narrows in the entire park. Very interesting geology and rock that I haven't seen anywhere else. It's astonishing that places like this still exist and are in such pristine condition. To me, this is a natural wonder comparable to Antelope Canyon -- without the tourists and with more unique geology. It was a very majestic place and felt surreal to walk through the endless, twisting narrows. I did this with two friends as a 35 mile backpacking trip. We ended up carrying about 55 pounds each with 36 liters of water, which turned out to be just enough for the 3 days trip. The bypass into the middle canyon turned out to be easier than expected. We also stopped by Lower Big Fall Canyon which is the canyon just to left of Hidden Bridge. If you ever decide to visit this location, I'm sure you will find it to be well worth the effort. Below are two of my favorite pictures from the trip. I'll upload a more detailed trip report in the future, but currently just don't have enough free time to process my RAW images.

Image Image

netllama
Grubstaker

Post by netllama » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Those photos are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

TacoLand
Grubstaker

Post by TacoLand » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:35 am

Great photos and thanks for the heads up. Your photos & intel on Upper Big Fall Canyon resulted in one of my all-time favorite DV memories. This just might end up being another one of them ... looking forward to more photos when you get a chance.

lorasmith
Jayhawker

Wow, I am getting excited about this hill

Post by lorasmith » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:03 am

Soon I will be on my trip to Antelope Canyon with my friend. Already done looking all arrangements through "USA Travel Online" agency. After seen these photos I am excited to see this with my own eye.

N0 02
Breyfogler

Post by N0 02 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks for keeping the place alive for me. Great pictures and I thank you for sharing them and your story.