On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Notice: There were some email issues discovered. If you registered but have not received your registration email and/or you attempted to change your password, please use the 'Contact Us' link here or at the bottom of every page and supply us with your details.

finding most recent posts on mobile site?

Information, announcements and questions, comments or feedback about this site
Kauri
Grubstaker

finding most recent posts on mobile site?

Post by Kauri » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Is there any way to quickly find the most recent posts on the new mobile site?

On my iPhone, it only lists the sub-forums, and there doesn't appear to be any way to determine if there has been a recent post on that sub-forum without clicking on it. (Choosing "active topics" gives the message "no suitable matches were found".) But the column on the right side of the non-mobile site still lists when the most recent post was made.

Thanks!
My trip reports, from Death Valley and beyond: http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.c ... eports.php

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Re: finding most recent posts on mobile site?

Post by D.A. Wright » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 pm

I also miss the old new items since last visit search to filter. It took a while, but I finally found a way. Not quite as good as the old link, it doesn’t drop you down to the first post of the latest since your last log in, but close enough.

I use an iPad. Hit “Qick Links” at the top far left, directly under the header. Select “New Posts”. Other links that used to be on the site are also hiding there.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Kauri
Grubstaker

Re: finding most recent posts on mobile site?

Post by Kauri » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Thank you--that works well!
My trip reports, from Death Valley and beyond: http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.c ... eports.php