PM’s stuck in outbox

Information, announcements and questions, comments or feedback about this site
Kauri
Grubstaker

PM’s stuck in outbox

Post by Kauri » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:11 am

My “sent” PM’s have been stuck in my outbox, one since yesterday and another since December 31. Is anyone else having this issue?
My trip reports, from Death Valley and beyond: http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.c ... eports.php

Daw89446
Jayhawker

Re: PM’s stuck in outbox

Post by Daw89446 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Don’t know. Seldom send PM’s.

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Post by Candace_66 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:11 pm

PM's will sit in your Outbox until the recipient logs in. So check the profile of the person you PM'd...have they logged in since you sent the PM?

I have a PM that has been sitting in my Outbox since February 2018! Because unfortunately that member doesn't visit here anymore. :sad:

Kauri
Grubstaker

Post by Kauri » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:20 pm

Candace_66 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:11 pm
PM's will sit in your Outbox until the recipient logs in. So check the profile of the person you PM'd...have they logged in since you sent the PM?

I have a PM that has been sitting in my Outbox since February 2018! Because unfortunately that member doesn't visit here anymore. :sad:
Aha, that makes sense, thank you for the clarification!

Has it always been that way? I admittedly haven't sent PMs for a few years, and I thought I recalled the messages sitting in the outbox for about an hour or so, then moving to the sent box... though maybe the recipient read it an hour later then didn't reply for a while.
My trip reports, from Death Valley and beyond: http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.c ... eports.php

Daw89446
Jayhawker

Post by Daw89446 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Candace’s reply hits the nail on the head. There used to be far more traffic here, especially in the 2000s. A lot of regular contributors have moved on to social media or maybe visits now and then but remain quiet.

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Post by Candace_66 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Kauri wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:20 pm
Candace_66 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Aha, that makes sense, thank you for the clarification!

Has it always been that way? I admittedly haven't sent PMs for a few years, and I thought I recalled the messages sitting in the outbox for about an hour or so, then moving to the sent box... though maybe the recipient read it an hour later then didn't reply for a while.
Not sure how long it has been that way. I think it's simply how the forum software works, so maybe it has always been like that. I think the PM's seemed to be delivered faster before, simply because the people you were corresponding with were more active on the forum!