NOTICE: DV.net will be down for a few days off and on starting 10/9 while some forum software modifications are made.

Viewing posts since last visit

Information, announcements and questions, comments or feedback about this site
LeeT
Jayhawker

Viewing posts since last visit

Post by LeeT » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:03 pm

I am not able to view posts since last visit because when I log on to the site the time of my last visit and the time I logged on are always the same. Thus there is no gap between the last visit listed even through it might have been two days ago, and my current log in.

What am I doing wrong? :cry:

Leet

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Post by D.A. Wright » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:18 pm

You post is a bit confusing. But ...

I check the box when first logging on that recognizes me each time I visit so I don't have to log on again. Basically the site puts a cookie on my computer. The only time I have to log in here is when I very occasionally clear my Internet Explorer temp files, cookies and history.

I use the View Posts Since Last Visit link to get any new posts.

This forum doesn't generate a lot of traffic like some other boards. There are times I can go for two or more days, come back in and find no new posts.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

LeeT
Jayhawker

Post by LeeT » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks. You gave me an Idea so I cleared my cookies and re logged in, seems to be working according to Hoyle now. :smile:

Lee