Vintage pics, Coso Hot Springs, Junction, and others

of Death Valley and vicinity
Dezdan

Post by Dezdan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:46 pm

janders1957 wrote:..but I made sure some pictures of me at Junction and the Millspaugh boiler were taken with my camera. My hosts from the first visit took those shots with their cameras and I still don't have copies... :( I'm dealing with different folks here this trip, and it looks like they can get all my pictures cleared, from this and my first trip, in reasonably short order. :)
Seeing what is left there now, it is hard to believe the mill that once stood there!

Here is one of my shots there:

janders1957
Jayhawker

Post by janders1957 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 am

Nice shot! I've seen a few by Guy Starbuck that also show the vegetation in bloom. What time of year was this taken? I've been there mid-November and late December, everything was dry and rather devoid of color by comparison...

Dezdan

Post by Dezdan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:03 am

janders1957 wrote:Nice shot! I've seen a few by Guy Starbuck that also show the vegetation in bloom. What time of year was this taken? I've been there mid-November and late December, everything was dry and rather devoid of color by comparison...
It was taken at the end of September a number of years ago.

janders1957
Jayhawker

Post by janders1957 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Wanted to share this with you folks. I've posted about my two trips inside China Lake. Well, my research into my grandfather, John Carricart has taken me a lot further than I ever thought. I'm giving a talk at UNR's Center for Basque Studies in a little over a week, and at Maturango in mid-October. Co-authors, Victor Herrero and Kish LaPierre, main topic is John.

We're doing a power point presentation, and for this, I got several of my pictures from both trips cleared. Couple at Millspaugh and Junction Ranch, and a few from Coso Hot Springs. Only vintage photos I've seen of Coso are my family's photos and a few Frasher's post cards from the 30's.
So here they are, for your enjoyment:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... cabe7f2c87

N0 02
Breyfogler

Post by N0 02 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:33 am

Simply incredible pictures and history.

Thank you.

Sparky of SoCal
Breyfogler

Post by Sparky of SoCal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Great journey you have taken on, you really should be proud of yourself. I bet your grandfather is.