Ryan Tour

of Death Valley and vicinity
Aedwards27
Grubstaker

Ryan Tour

Post by Aedwards27 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:00 pm

On October 16th I was lucky enough to go on a tour of Ryan Camp as part of the NPS’ Preservation 50 Celebration field trips. The amount of preservation work occurring is astounding. The camp is remarkably intact. I learned quite a few things which I did not know previously. For instance, part of Spartacus was shot on the hillside just outside of camp. Ryan is private property and occupied fulltime; the boundaries are clearly marked both on maps, and signed at most access points. PLEASE respect these boundaries, as well as the safety and privacy of the family that lives and works at Ryan by not trespassing. For more information please visit ryancamp.org or www.facebook.com/ryancampdv.

freeper11
Jayhawker

Great work at Ryan

Post by freeper11 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:32 am

That's great news A E! Nice to hear about folks having so much fun up at Ryan thanks to the largesse of Rio Tinto spending millions to save the place for the public and provide so many jobs and tours for folks up there. Good to see those no trespassing signs too! I'm sure the fam needs protection from what I call "deplorables" with all those small children running around there! Thinking of that, wish I'd been a little tyke able to play on that old mining equipment, play on the trains and scamper in old mines and hide 'n 'seek in them thar ol' buildings! :) In fact if I coulda grown up there as a kid I'm sure I'd be much better off happy and adjusted than I am today! "Happy Trails" and thanks again.

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Post by D.A. Wright » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:23 pm

D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.