solar chargers

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
Ice
Breyfogler

solar chargers

Post by Ice » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 am

I just thought I would drop a line in this area.
If you know my posts, I am a solo backpacker and I usually do not post pics. I just walkabout and do my own thing alone.

However, when I do settle in for the night or have coffee in the morning, thats about the only time I spend time with my old trusty iPod and contemplate. I never hike with ear buds in due to the need for safety, but since I need to recharge the old iPod, I thought I would pass this along. eBay (search "solar charger") has many units for under 10 or 12 bucks with shipping that recharge and can be velcro-ed to my my pack.
Don't spend hundreds of dollars when 12 will do. I have used my unit for 4 years and have purchased about 10 total for fine gift ideas or "stocking stuffers" for friends that pack in. I don't need to link an ebay site...just search for what I said.

Very small, cheap, and can recharge your iPod or camera or GPS (which I do not use). Just a tip from me. Happy Hiking!
Ice
...burned out from exhaustion, buried in the hail, poisoned in the bushes, and blown out on the trail...

ETAV8R
Grubstaker

Post by ETAV8R » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:50 am

Neat. Thank you for sharing the idea. I've already got a Goal-0 but this may do for a backup/replacement.