NOTICE: DV.net will be down for a few days off and on starting 10/9 while some forum software modifications are made.

So long Huell

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
Panamint Charlie
Death Valley Resident

So long Huell

Post by Panamint Charlie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 22911.html

"California television personality Huell Howser, known for his affable interview style as he toured some of the state's landmark locations, died Sunday night at age 67, according to KCET."

Check out the map link on the above page. The dude got around.

rkarl89203
Jayhawker

Post by rkarl89203 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Sad indeed....I remember seeing him when I lived briefly in Los angeles in the Air Force years ago.

Grzldvt
Breyfogler

Post by Grzldvt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:35 pm

In March of '05, he and his crew were out off of Badwater Road filming the wildflowers. I was interested in the area so I hiked out and spent a few minutes, chatting with him about this "Amaziiing" sight.
I have quite a few of his shows on Tivo/DVD. Several of his shows out in the desert were my inspiration for staying off 4 lane highways.
For instance I work a car show in Laughlin every March, and take 3 days to go from Laughlin to San Jose, avoiding all 4 lane roads, well as much as possible. One of those days is spent in DV on a run to some place.
RIP Huell. :cry: