Fender Bender

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
gedstrom
Grubstaker

Fender Bender

Post by gedstrom » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Just a minor fender bender accident that I captured on my dashboard camera while leaving a 7-Eleven store. The red car comes to a full stop, but then rolls ahead into the back of the white van. The original of this video really brings out the detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq-OyLKsqV8

Kukulcan
Jayhawker

Post by Kukulcan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:45 pm

You must be lonely or something.

Dezdan

Post by Dezdan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:41 am

Have to love people these days! Wonder if she was on her cell phone? Nice capture!

gedstrom
Grubstaker

Post by gedstrom » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Dezdan wrote:Have to love people these days! Wonder if she was on her cell phone? Nice capture!
I have captured 2 fender-benders and 1 real crash on the camera, plus a slew of poor, dangerous, and/or downright illegal driving practices by others. The crash video will be going to court and I am not at liberty to post it. I even used it to analyze what I did wrong in a minor fender-bender in my motorhome. There was a parked care behind me on my left. I started a turn to the right and clipped his left-front headlight. The body of the motorhome extends some distance behind the rear wheels of the vehicle. As a result, when you turn the front end right, the rear of the vehicle swings left. I was too close to him and my bumper hit his left-front headlight. I knew of this danger in the motorhome, but my attention was diverted from what I should have been watching. My dashboard camera has an internal camera that looks into the passenger compartment of the vehicle, so I could review what I was doing. Neither camera captured the actual clipping of the parked car, but looking at my actions, it was obvious when the accident occurred and what I was doing at that moment. That was my first and only at-fault accident in 46 years of driving!

gedstrom
Grubstaker

Post by gedstrom » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Kukulcan wrote:You must be lonely or something.
If you say so.