Woman Driver (Blond too!)

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
gedstrom
Grubstaker

Woman Driver (Blond too!)

Post by gedstrom » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Okay, the ladies out there are probably going to shoot me for this video!

This happened just a couple of hours ago. I live in a condo complex with a subterranean garage. I needed to go out for a few minutes. As I reached the driveway ramp, I noticed a woman in a car in the street stopped right across our driveway. I thought sure she would move as I pulled up the ramp. She didn't. I gave the horn two short toots...no response. I gave the horn another two short toots...no response. I gave the horn a longer blast...still no response. Finally, a woman who was walking by on the sidewalk walked up to her car and tapped on the window. Watch how she jumps out of her skin! She was totally preoccupied with doing something on her cell phone!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfvfsf1o8x3m8 ... 2.mp4?dl=1

Gary

netllama
Death Valley Resident

Post by netllama » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm not sure what gender has to do with any of this. Men are equally as likely to be utterly distracted by their cell phones.

Arkose
Jayhawker

Post by Arkose » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:21 pm

DUDE > YOU totally cut off and blocked the path of the pedestrian that you say helped you... Ironic :roll:

gedstrom
Grubstaker

Post by gedstrom » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:47 pm

Arkose wrote:DUDE > YOU totally cut off and blocked the path of the pedestrian that you say helped you... Ironic :roll:
That's the problem with our condo driveway. You can't really see who is there until you are already starting to enter the sidewalk. The dashboard camera is sitting at least a couple of feet forward of my eye position and thus gets a better view than I have, so you can see the person on the video before I did in person. That, and the fact that you don't get a good view of traffic either has always made me comfortable exiting the place.

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Post by Candace_66 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:36 am

netllama wrote:I'm not sure what gender has to do with any of this. Men are equally as likely to be utterly distracted by their cell phones.
...Or hair color.

On a related note, wish I had a dollar for every time I've spotted a cop/deputy/highway patrol officer/whatever (nearly all of whom are male...) using a handheld phone while driving.