Four Wheel FINCH Camper

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
Tobyc
Jayhawker

Four Wheel FINCH Camper

Post by Tobyc » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Anyone have, know or hear of a Four Wheel FINCH model camper being available for sale...please let me know. Anywhere in country, doesn't matter.
I'm looking for one. Thanks!

ETAV8R
Grubstaker

Post by ETAV8R » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:24 am

May be too late but this is a good place to watch for a Finch. This is the 2nd one to be posted for sale lately.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topi ... fwc-finch/

Tobyc
Jayhawker

Post by Tobyc » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:39 am

ETAV8R wrote:May be too late but this is a good place to watch for a Finch. This is the 2nd one to be posted for sale lately.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topi ... fwc-finch/

Appreciate the...heads-up, thanks!

As it happens in this case, I have talked to the fella quite a long time ago. That camper is so full of high-priced..options, he's buried in it; that's why he's asking $16,200 (the current price of a NEW camper); which unfortunately is way too much for a 2014...especially if the options are more or less...needless window dressing? And the camper is only...partially built out and is incomplete as well...!?
He can't be getting any offers, or he's totally non-negotiable on his price; my guess is that's why he's taking it off the market. IF it was priced more reasonable I would have snapped it up a long time ago!

These FINCH's are scarcer than hens-teeth.

Thanks again.

ETAV8R
Grubstaker

Post by ETAV8R » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:29 am

Yes they are a rare FWC. For one person they are great. Heck I've mostly used mine for two person trips and spent 10hrs inside during a rainstorm. Only drawback over an Eagle is lack of ability to stealth camp but when mine is loaded for a trip there's no way to get in there anyhow.

Tobyc
Jayhawker

Post by Tobyc » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:56 am

ETAV8R wrote:Yes they are a rare FWC. For one person they are great. Heck I've mostly used mine for two person trips and spent 10hrs inside during a rainstorm. Only drawback over an Eagle is lack of ability to stealth camp but when mine is loaded for a trip there's no way to get in there anyhow.
Oh...? So you have one...huh? Great!

Yeah, the reason I specifically want the FINCH is because it will fit completely in the bed of my Tacoma and let me shut the tailgate; which I need to do because I have a custom built rear bumper with a swing-out spare tire carrier gate, and I don't want to have to remove it.

The Finch should be great for just me and the dog; for the weather reasons you describe.

I did have one of the first big Four Wheel Keystones, bought back in 1990, in the back of a 3/4 ton 4X4 GMC. Had it for 17 years; have regretted every day since I sold it!
Made me...sick, when I found out the guy I sold it to; an old Santa Cruz hippy; had it about two years, then...burnt...the entire rig, truck and camper, to the rims, when the meth he was cookin'...blew up! True story...I have a photo...!

Please keep me posted if any others cross your trail...thanks.

ETAV8R
Grubstaker

Post by ETAV8R » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:51 pm

The tailgate is a porch and allows more room for gear and doormat. A lot of pop-up owners don't like the tailgate on but I like it.

It is a bummer FWC isn't making the Eagle/Finch and have gone with a wider profile.