Hello -- new to forum

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
Rockhopper
Jayhawker

Hello -- new to forum

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 am

Hello, all -- I'm new to the forum. My wife and I spent several days in Death Valley last year; the big windstorm hit during our last full day in the Valley. We were up Fall Canyon, beyond the dryfall, when the sky started turning hazy. Even though it wasn't really peak thunderstorm season, we were in the tight narrows and getting worried about a freak flash flood. It wasn't until we got back to the lower canyon that we realized the hazy yellow light was dust and not pre-storm light.

On the same trip, we also hiked to the site of the Ashford Mine (AKA Golden Treasure Mine). Below is what Laura and I dubbed the "Outhouse of Considerable Peril" (with a nod to Monty Python's "Gorge of Eternal Peril"). Hope I got the IMG tags right... ;-)

We're heading back to the Valley at the end of March, and I'm hoping to do a few new routes.

Thanks to the hosts for setting up this forum, and kudos to all the adventurers who contribute!

MojaveGeek
Death Valley Resident

Re: Hello -- new to forum

Post by MojaveGeek » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:16 pm

A belated "welcome" and I enjoyed your TR that you posted recently!

Death Valley Dazed
Death Valley Resident

Welcome Rockhopper

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Having hiked to the Ashford Mine the first of March I was laughing at your wife's description of the out house. The image does not come through so please repost that. Here's how to type the tags.

Life begins in Death Valley

N0 02
Breyfogler

Re: Hello -- new to forum

Post by N0 02 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:43 am

Welcome to the forum. Always something interesting happening here.