Late october

Have an upcoming trip? Post about it here! A great place to meet people with the same interests
Stincil
Jayhawker

Late october

Post by Stincil » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:17 pm

I will be there with a buddy from California 3-4 days at the end of October. I haven't done much planning as I am in the middle of a divorce. It will be me first visit since April. We may just camp at Mesquite and maybe I can convince him to do some displaced camping away from the crowds. Looking forward to DV.
Thanks,

Keith

Death Valley Dazed
Grubstaker

Re: Late october

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:10 am

Please take some cool images and share them with us.
Life begins in Death Valley

Stincil
Jayhawker

Post by Stincil » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:37 am

I will be happy to.
Thanks,

Keith

wbdeford
Death Valley Resident

Post by wbdeford » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:17 am

Camping away from the crowds is the way to go IMO, though I do enjoy a night at Emigrant, Wildrose, Thorndike, Mahogany Flat, Homestake, the Eureka Dunes, and Saline Valley Springs.

Very sorry to hear about the divorce......been there and done that. No fun at all.

Death Valley Dazed
Grubstaker

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:17 am

wbdeford wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:17 am
Very sorry to hear about the divorce.
Hey, for all of us divorcees, maybe we could upgrade Death Valley to Divorce Valley National Park - a refuge from pain and suffering amidst the wonders of nature. LOL
Life begins in Death Valley

Stincil
Jayhawker

Post by Stincil » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:49 am

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to a nice refuge from the personal difficulties. If it works out the divorce will be final in time for our trip to Divorce Valley N.P. I like the Panamint Campgrounds, too, as campgrounds go.

I'm looking at some moderate hikes like Perdido Canyon. Maybe Titanothere up to Lostman Spring. Still have a month to figure it out. Any ideas are appreciated. Hopefully it's cooling off by then.
Thanks,

Keith

wbdeford
Death Valley Resident

Post by wbdeford » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:58 am

Death Valley Dazed wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:17 am
Hey, for all of us divorcees, maybe we could upgrade Death Valley to Divorce Valley National Park - a refuge from pain and suffering amidst the wonders of nature. LOL
:) In my case, it was needing a project to avoid depression that the idea of Badwater -> Telescope went from "that's crazy!" to "I'm doing it!". This was right after my ex-wife decided to move my children 1200 miles away. So, it wasn't divorce, per se, but definitely related.

wbdeford
Death Valley Resident

Post by wbdeford » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:01 am

Stincil wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:49 am
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to a nice refuge from the personal difficulties. If it works out the divorce will be final in time for our trip to Divorce Valley N.P. I like the Panamint Campgrounds, too, as campgrounds go.

I'm looking at some moderate hikes like Perdido Canyon. Maybe Titanothere up to Lostman Spring. Still have a month to figure it out. Any ideas are appreciated. Hopefully it's cooling off by then.
Should definitely be much cooler. Average late September highs are low 100s. Average late October is upper 80s. Figure roughly 10 degrees cooler than that at Mesquite Springs.

MojaveGeek
Death Valley Resident

Post by MojaveGeek » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 pm

One of the first times I felt good after my ex and I split up was during a stroll along the top of the DV Buttes. And later up on Ubehebe Peak. At least I wasn't going to lose that.