Nov 8-12

Have an upcoming trip? Post about it here! A great place to meet people with the same interests
DavidW
Jayhawker

Nov 8-12

Post by DavidW » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Heading to Death Valley again. Looks like we are gonna off-road and hike Trail Canyon one day, Darwin Falls and area one day, and Lemoigne Canyon one day. In addition, on the way into Beatty the first afternoon, we are gonna go to Ash Meadows again. Looking forward to it!

If anyone has any recommendations or ideas about these destinations, feel free to post! Always willing to learn more about the area.

Randy O
Jayhawker

Re: Nov 8-12

Post by Randy O » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:37 pm

The Lemoigne Canyon road is really rough and slow so get an early start going in there. We were there in February so it may have gotten some storm damage this summer but it's always a fun slow ride, especially once you drop into the wash at the head of the fan.

DavidW
Jayhawker

Post by DavidW » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 am

Thanks man. Gonna be my first time to Lemoigne.

Gowergulch42
Death Valley Resident

Post by Gowergulch42 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:14 am

Unless you have a really sturdy, built, high clearance, 4WD car, you should not drop down into the canyon at the end of the road. There's a wide parking area when you reach the mouth of the canyon, and unless you are experienced with rocky sandy roads, you should stop there. The last mile or so is really tough going.
Check out my reports and informative ramblings at http://dvexplore.blogspot.com

DavidW
Jayhawker

Post by DavidW » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Thanks. I've got the right vehicle and experience (did echo pass a few years ago). I appreciate the heads up though! Will definitely be wary about that last section of road though.