el nino coming

Have an upcoming trip? Post about it here! A great place to meet people with the same interests
joez3
Jayhawker

el nino coming

Post by joez3 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:28 am

I know its kind of early to post this, but I am planning on going down to Death Valley at the end of Dec. Since this is a el nino year how bad do you think the rains will be in the Death Valley area. Do you think going east would get me away from the rains? I was thinking of going to Zion do you think that would be drier?

netllama
Grubstaker

Re: el nino coming

Post by netllama » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 pm

joez3 wrote:I know its kind of early to post this, but I am planning on going down to Death Valley at the end of Dec. Since this is a el nino year how bad do you think the rains will be in the Death Valley area. Do you think going east would get me away from the rains? I was thinking of going to Zion do you think that would be drier?
Asking people to predict when it will rain over a month from now is just silly. It might rain a lot, it might not rain at all. No one predicted the record storms from last month, they're surely not going to be able to tell you what might happen next month.

Gowergulch42
Death Valley Resident

Post by Gowergulch42 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:48 pm

This is true. It is very hard to predict storm paths through DV and the surrounding area. For my December trip I'm trying really hard not to overplan as the weather could change things in an instant!
Check out my reports and informative ramblings at http://dvexplore.blogspot.com

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Post by D.A. Wright » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:22 pm

One thing for certain - Zion is colder and gets considerably more rain/snow than DV.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.