On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

image test

If you're not sure how stuff works, feel free to test it here
anderld47
Grubstaker

image test

Post by anderld47 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:11 am

Panamint Charlie
Death Valley Resident

Post by Panamint Charlie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

I'm unfamiliar with how dropbox works, so maybe someone can chime in.

When you upload a photo to dropbox does it then give you a url for the photo that can be hotlinked?

If so, copy the link and paste it between the Image tags.

anderld47
Grubstaker

Post by anderld47 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:06 am

Panamint Charlie wrote:I'm unfamiliar with how dropbox works, so maybe someone can chime in.

When you upload a photo to dropbox does it then give you a url for the photo that can be hotlinked?

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Is there a space between the brackets and the link? I don't think it's a url that can be hot linked. I just pasted the link in "Old mining shack" under the Ghost Towns topic and that seems to work if you click on it. I'm trying to do this from my mobile phone as my puter is being worked on.

gedstrom
Grubstaker

Post by gedstrom » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 am

Panamint Charlie wrote:I'm unfamiliar with how dropbox works, so maybe someone can chime in.

Sorry, but DropBox does not work that way. I wish it did. I have a number of pictures I wish I could link, but have to settle for just putting the link into the message and not into an [img] block.

Gary