On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Lee Wash

Discuss 4x4'ing, Hiking, Backpacking, Camping
John Morrow
Jayhawker

Lee Wash

Post by John Morrow » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:45 am

Anyone ever hike through top to bottom? Someday I am thinking a loop with Panamint Dunes and Mill Cr (water) might be neat.
Thanks,
John

Gowergulch42
Death Valley Resident

Post by Gowergulch42 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Haven't heard of any, but there are a few dry falls that would be difficult to bypass and near impossible to down climb if Rainbow Canyon is anything to base on.
Check out my reports and informative ramblings at http://dvexplore.blogspot.com

Aedwards27
Breyfogler

Re: Lee Wash

Post by Aedwards27 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:57 pm

John Morrow wrote:Anyone ever hike through top to bottom? Someday I am thinking a loop with Panamint Dunes and Mill Cr (water) might be neat.
Thanks,
John
I agree with Gowergulch. I have spent quite a bit of time in that vicinity (maybe about 4-5 miles from Lee Wash). The terrain there is either easy, or an all out assault of loose basalt and dryfalls.

John Morrow
Jayhawker

Re: Lee Wash

Post by John Morrow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 am

John Morrow wrote:Anyone ever hike through top to bottom? Someday I am thinking a loop with Panamint Dunes and Mill Cr (water) might be neat.
Thanks,
John

Well, I wasn't the only one with that idea! Turns out, SteveH has a new post on his site regarding it. Piques my interest now to make a loop of it from Lee Flat with Panamint Dunes and return via Mill Canyon. Wish I didnt have to wait until November 2017!