On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Notice: There were some email issues discovered. If you registered but have not received your registration email and/or you attempted to change your password, please use the 'Contact Us' link here or at the bottom of every page and supply us with your details.

My New Print Book (pdf)--In Search Of Vanished Ages

Information on books, maps, museums, and other related material
Inyo
Jayhawker

My New Print Book (pdf)--In Search Of Vanished Ages

Post by Inyo » Sun May 28, 2017 8:57 am

I've just completed a new print book version (pdf) of my web-based fossils-related field trips. It's called In Search Of Vanished Ages--Field Trips To Fossil Localities In California, Nevada, And Utah.

It's available for free download over at:

In Search Of Vanished Ages--Field Trips To Fossil Localities In California, Nevada, And Utah

Here's what you'll get:

95,703 words (equivalent to a medium-size hard cover work of non-fiction); 254 printed pages (equivalent to about 380 pages in hard cover book form); 27 chapters; 30 individual field trips to places of paleontological interest, primarily to the Mojave Desert and Great Basin; 60 photographs with explanatory captions--representative on-site images and pictures of fossils from each locality visited.

All of my web pages remain up and running, of course.
Last edited by Inyo on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Death Valley Dazed
Grubstaker

Thanks for such a great resource

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Wed May 31, 2017 1:12 pm

My family and I will be visiting some of the locations you have mentioned in the near future. Thanks again for making it free to the public.
Life begins in Death Valley