On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Panamint Charlie forum..?

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
desertdryad
Breyfogler

Panamint Charlie forum..?

Post by desertdryad » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:23 am

I know there are some 'regulars' here that also spend time on the Panamint Charlie forum = or used to. Is that forum still alive? I've not been able to successfully complete a password reset over there, nor get a response from the forum owner whose email address I think I have. Anyone know?

Since I no longer live in CA I don't go to the forums that discuss DV as often as I used to. I appreciated the up to the minute trip reports that seemed to show up frequently on 'that other forum'.

Thank for any info...

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Post by D.A. Wright » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:43 pm

I've been a regular on the site since this site's original owner put it on hiatus a dozen or so years ago. I just now came over from the site. It's still active, though cyclical in activity. This site probaby is more active since membership here has a high percentage of hiking enthusiasts.

It's been a few years since I've needed assistance in getting back in, but there is a link to get help resetting your account. To speed things up, I'd consider PM'ing David Bricker here, as he is a moderator here and there as well.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Panamint Charlie
Death Valley Resident

Post by Panamint Charlie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Sorry, Cynthia, I've been sucking at checking emails lately but I did just reply to it a few minutes ago.

You should be able to get back into the forum now. Check your email for the temp password.

http://panamintvalley.com/forum/index.php

desertdryad
Breyfogler

Post by desertdryad » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:45 pm

I got back on, Charles ... thank you!! So glad for both this forum and yours.

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Re: Panamint Charlie forum..?

Post by Candace_66 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Panamint Valley.Com has been down for several days. I attempted to contact David Bricker via Facebook Messenger, but didn't get a response. I don't have any contact information for the other admins or regulars over there, unfortunately. Does anyone know what's going on?

gwjones00
Jayhawker

Post by gwjones00 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Same question from me. Long time lurker at Panamint Charlie's forums. Kinda missing it....

Older Fossil
Grubstaker

Post by Older Fossil » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 am

His older site panamintcharlie.com is still up. I tried to send an email via contact info there, but have heard nothing.

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Post by D.A. Wright » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am

I am assuming the PV.com site is undergoing rennovation like this one just did.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Panamint Charlie
Death Valley Resident

Post by Panamint Charlie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Older Fossil wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 am
His older site panamintcharlie.com is still up. I tried to send an email via contact info there, but have heard nothing.
Hi Art, What addy did you send the email to? I haven't receive anything. But at the same time, I've been consolidating emails and may have a few dead email links out there.
D.A. Wright wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am
I am assuming the PV.com site is undergoing rennovation like this one just did.
Yes, This site's host graciously allows PV .com a spot at it's campfire and was included in the cleanup. My old site is camped elsewhere.

Older Fossil
Grubstaker

Post by Older Fossil » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Panamint Charlie wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:09 pm
Older Fossil wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 am
Hi Art, What addy did you send the email to? I haven't receive anything. But at the same time, I've been consolidating emails and may have a few dead email links out there.
I used charles@panamintcharlie.com which is on the PanamintCharlie.com Site Info page.

Art

Panamint Charlie
Death Valley Resident

Post by Panamint Charlie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Interesting. I still use that addy, but that mail server has always given me fits.