On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

some of the worst people on earth have visited the racetrack

Discuss 4x4'ing, Hiking, Backpacking, Camping
netllama
Grubstaker

Re: Racetrack

Post by netllama » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 am

TrailHound wrote:I really don't know what the NPS can do to prevent damage like that. Maybe station a guy out there in an RV with a sidearm and a radio? There is no money to pay him. The parks have already endured severe budget cuts with yet more proposed. Maybe close Racetrack Road to vehicular traffic? If you want to see it, hike in. I don't know.
Not sure what a gun is going to accomplish. Its not like some miscreant is going to look for a gun, and then proceed to drive if they don't see one.
This problem requires law enforcement. The federal govt doesn't need an armed camp host to cite and/or arrest felons.

Sparky of SoCal
Jayhawker

Post by Sparky of SoCal » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Looking at and observing present day society and seeing were it has come from to now I have no doubt the Racetrack is going the way of the Carrier Pigeon. Enjoy it while you can. There is no money or technology to stop the bad guys.