FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register 
 Profile  |  Messages  |  Log in 
Changes afoot in DV Junction, Furnace Creek (pics)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death-Valley.net Forum Index -> Death Valley Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am 
Post subject:

There is a spring/well on that little patch of the reservation. Which is why I wasn't completely surprised to see that facility go in there. But yes, good question whether the water demands will outstrip the supply.
Grubstaker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:59 am 
Post subject:

Interesting photos and intel. I'm personally not happy about the name change from Furnace Creek to The Oasis. Furnace Creek is what it has been for a very long time and is quite honest about the environment. The Oasis sounds far too tame. Great to see the locomotive restored.

In regards to the grow facility I'm concerned about the water use involved. I just finished reading "Death Valley National Park: A History" by Hal Rothman and it discusses water rights in the area and what the park had to do to attain certain areas like Cow Creek and regional farming potentially affecting the environment. The pup fish at Devils Hole was/is a priority for the park. Great read for those of you who haven't read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death-Valley.net Forum Index -> Death Valley Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: