On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Notice: There were some email issues discovered. If you registered but have not received your registration email and/or you attempted to change your password, please use the 'Contact Us' link here or at the bottom of every page and supply us with your details.

Lower Wildrose Road OPEN!

Death Valley related discussion
CanyonmanClark
Jayhawker

Lower Wildrose Road OPEN!

Post by CanyonmanClark » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:58 pm

From the park road conditions facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRoa ... =3&theater

Death Valley Dazed
Grubstaker

Thanks for the great news

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:20 am

I hope to be in the park Septemberish and will make a point to drive the road which I have never been able to due to its constant closure the past six years.
Life begins in Death Valley

wbdeford
Grubstaker

Post by wbdeford » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:07 am

That is great news! In April, half the road was still missing in a lot of places, so they have done a lot of work in a fairly short time after letting it mostly sit for so long.

Glad to not have to plead the 5th any more as to whether I have driven the road :) In April, I camped at Wildrose the night before my hike to Panamint City, so it was very tempting to drive the poorly-closed road.

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Post by Candace_66 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:09 pm

:shock: Will wonders never cease !?

Maybe they can now turn their attention to the Keane Wonder mine area? :idea: ;-)

Like to Hike
Breyfogler

Speaking of Keane Wonder Mine

Post by Like to Hike » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 pm

I too wish they would open Keane Wonder Mine. We want to hike down off the top. Lots to see up there so I have read and been told.

ETAV8R
Grubstaker

Post by ETAV8R » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:15 am

While Trona-Wildrose is open it isn't a wonderful brand new road. Not in the best shape and IMO it was even in better condition prior to the washout. Nonetheless it is still open and much better option compared to taking the long way around.