On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Close up Bighorn Rams on summit Pyramid Peak

Death Valley related discussion
Death Valley Dazed
Grubstaker

Close up Bighorn Rams on summit Pyramid Peak

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 am

Two bighorn rams captured close up on the summit of Pyramid Peak, Southeast Funeral Mountains in Death Valley National Park - September 2017. Being downwind from the boys, they were unaware of me as they approached to within fifteen yards of my hiding place. I feel super lucky to have been in just the right spot for this eye candy. Seeing these big boys up close and personal made the strenuous summer excursion so worth while.

https://youtu.be/kcDCM32bcLM
Life begins in Death Valley

ETAV8R
Grubstaker

Post by ETAV8R » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Wow nice capture. They look quite healthy too. Thinking about it I've not heard of reports from people hearing the rams head butting one another. Now that would be a sight!

MojaveGeek
Death Valley Resident

Post by MojaveGeek » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Very very nice. Must have been quite exciting. They are usually so shy out there (not so in Zion where they encounter more people). The guy who's initially at the back in the opening sequence is, uh, well hung!