On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Notice: There were some email issues discovered. If you registered but have not received your registration email and/or you attempted to change your password, please use the 'Contact Us' link here or at the bottom of every page and supply us with your details.

burro schmidt tunnel and EP 100

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
tcknubs
Jayhawker

burro schmidt tunnel and EP 100

Post by tcknubs » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Hey there,

This site is primarily focused on DV but I wanted to get your advice on the path to burro schmidt tunnel. I have been there before and enjoy the visits but I have not taken MESQUITE CANYON ROAD or EP100. I wanted to get your opinion on the road conditions regarding this road to burro tunnel? I have a toyota tacoma '15 4x4 w/ rear locks. I've read that last chance canyon is pretty rough so I'm hoping that mesquite canyon road (outside of garlock) will be easier access through the EL Paso Mountains to the tunnel. Thank for the thoughts and advice,

Sincerely,

Tyler C

Sparky of SoCal
Jayhawker

Re: burro schmidt tunnel and EP 100

Post by Sparky of SoCal » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:31 am

tcknubs wrote:Hey there,

This site is primarily focused on DV but I wanted to get your advice on the path to burro schmidt tunnel. I have been there before and enjoy the visits but I have not taken MESQUITE CANYON ROAD or EP100. I wanted to get your opinion on the road conditions regarding this road to burro tunnel? I have a toyota tacoma '15 4x4 w/ rear locks. I've read that last chance canyon is pretty rough so I'm hoping that mesquite canyon road (outside of garlock) will be easier access through the EL Paso Mountains to the tunnel. Thank for the thoughts and advice,

Sincerely,

Tyler C[/quote

I think your ride will easily pass thru both EP100 an Mesquite roads. There are only a few nasty sections in that range and you really need to look for them and most have bypass routes. Those side by sides have really beaten and opened up a lot of trails.

tcknubs
Jayhawker

Post by tcknubs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:10 pm

thats exactly what I wanted to hear! thank you for the input!