On the eve of this sites 15th birthday, an number of important changes have been made to the sites software to better your experience and help prevent SPAM. Cosmetic changes are still in the works, so please ignore any odd colors you may encounter and please report any errors you see. Thank you for a great 15 years! -DV.net Management

Any Primitive Camping near Briggs Cabin?

Discuss 4x4'ing, Hiking, Backpacking, Camping
Campin Buddy
Jayhawker

Any Primitive Camping near Briggs Cabin?

Post by Campin Buddy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:37 am

First Post!

Hello fellow adventurers, I'm planning a trip to the Southern areas of DV towards the end of April and our itinerary places us near the Briggs Cabin towards the end of Day 1. If we reach Briggs and it's occupied, it would be kind of late to backtrack out of South Park Canyon. Are there any areas nearby that are flat enough for primitive camping? I will be leading a group of about 5 jeeps.

Thanks!

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Post by D.A. Wright » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:53 am

Just east of Chicken Rock, near where the main road merges with the canyon floor, there is a road to the right that acesses a sizable mine tailing a hundred yards or so away. I've seen people caming on it in the past.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Campin Buddy
Jayhawker

Post by Campin Buddy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:25 pm

Thank you very much for the info.