Ghost Town for sale

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
bluegreen kayak
Jayhawker

Ghost Town for sale

Post by bluegreen kayak » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:45 pm

My husband, knowing my fondness for the Death Valley area, brought my attention to this site offering Cerro Gordo for sale: cerrogordomines.com

I'm thinking I should buy a lottery ticket tomorrow; that would be my only chance.

While we were looking on Google Earth at the nearest town, Keeler, we saw a strange arrangement of lines on the south end of town, with trucks and heavy equipment. We could not figure out what was going on. Anyone know?

D.A. Wright
Death Valley Resident

Re: Ghost Town for sale

Post by D.A. Wright » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Cerro Gordo now in escrow. Keeler lines are mineral mining on the dry lake surface, which has been going on since the late 1800s.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Rock-Tech Offroad
Jayhawker

Post by Rock-Tech Offroad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:54 am

Well that didn’t take long to sell. Wondering what the future of Cerro Gordo may be.

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Post by Candace_66 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:37 pm

bluegreen kayak wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:45 pm
While we were looking on Google Earth at the nearest town, Keeler, we saw a strange arrangement of lines on the south end of town, with trucks and heavy equipment. We could not figure out what was going on. Anyone know?
Perhaps you were looking at the dust mitigation work they are doing on Owens Lake bed?

http://www.latimes.com/science/la-me-11 ... story.html