Park Closure

Share your interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to Death Valley
netllama
Grubstaker

Re: Park Closure

Post by netllama » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:44 pm

wbdeford wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:40 pm
TrailHound wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 pm
The dirt roads can be closed because they belong to the Park Service. The paved roads cannot be closed because they are state roads. They were not closed during any of the previous shutdowns. Does anybody really think that current government of California will close state roads?
Aren't even some of the dirt roads maintained by the state, such as Saline Valley Rd?
That's a county maintained road. I don't know that any of the unpaved road inside park borders are state maintained.

wbdeford
Death Valley Resident

Post by wbdeford » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:57 pm

You're right...thanks for the correction.

Candace_66
Death Valley Resident

Post by Candace_66 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:50 pm

wbdeford wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:40 pm
TrailHound wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 pm
The dirt roads can be closed because they belong to the Park Service. The paved roads cannot be closed because they are state roads. They were not closed during any of the previous shutdowns. Does anybody really think that current government of California will close state roads?
Aren't even some of the dirt roads maintained by the state, such as Saline Valley Rd?
Saline Valley Road (at least most of it) is an Inyo County Road and maintained by them, IIRC. I think a few other roads in/near DVNP are Inyo County roads.

EDIT: LOL, I didn't realize your question had already been answered! :oops: