Moose sighted in Death Valley

Death Valley related discussion
Death Valley Dazed
Death Valley Resident

Moose sighted in Death Valley

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Thu May 09, 2019 7:15 pm

That's right, The Ranch at Death Valley has a moose on the loose inside The Last Kind Words Saloon. Actually, it's a moose head and antler rack mounted above the entrance to the saloon from the buffet dining room.

I really like the interior decorating in the saloon except for Bullwinkle's head and antler rack which is completely out of place and out of character for Death Valley.

The Last Kind Words Saloon replaced The Corkscrew Saloon at The Ranch at The Death Valley at the end of 2018. Take a tour as the morning light shines through the east side windows.

Life begins in Death Valley

TrailHound
Grubstaker

Re: Moose sighted in Death Valley

Post by TrailHound » Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 am

Their decorator was really into dead animals: bones, heads, and stuffed whole. It's not my taste, but whatever. Maybe they thought it would give the place a rough, tough, macho look.

TacoLand
Grubstaker

Re: Moose sighted in Death Valley

Post by TacoLand » Fri May 10, 2019 9:18 am

It's funny ... I've only seen the upgrade to the convenience store at Furnace Creek so far – and while it's really nice and resort-y – both times my friends and I felt a little uncomfortable (and got some side eye for sure). Everything was super clean and nice, the people around us were talking about dinner plans and swimming pools, and here we are fresh outta a few days in the backcountry feeling like Pig-Pen from Peanuts. "Sorry folks, just need some ice and postcards and then we'll get outta here and stop ruining your National Park Experience." :lol: