Downtown Darwin Dog Days

Death Valley related discussion
Death Valley Dazed
Death Valley Resident

Downtown Darwin Dog Days

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:30 am

Darwin, California on September 1, 2019, while photographing the sunrise from downtown the canine crew ran out to inform me that I was in their territory. The morning rays reveal how colorful this tiny community just outside of Death Valley National Park is and that one resident felt no obligation to obey a stop sign on the main street.

Life begins in Death Valley

Kauri
Grubstaker

Re: Downtown Darwin Dog Days

Post by Kauri » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 am

Great video! The best part, in my humble opinion, is the two friendly canines :)
My trip reports, from Death Valley and beyond: http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.c ... eports.php

Death Valley Dazed
Death Valley Resident

Re: Downtown Darwin Dog Days

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:32 am

Kauri wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 am
The best part, in my humble opinion, is the two friendly canines.
I love Darwin because of its eccentricity. I've enjoyed a sunset and a sunrise there. I felt lucky to have the two official town four-legged greeters welcome me, especially the little white one who struck such a diva pose right in the middle of Mainstreet with the raised right front paw. The dog owner was not pleased with my early morning presence prompting the barking and awakening here, "It's just so early!" she complained to me. I apologized as my intent was not to awaken the community.

I did not include a subsequent video segment of the man who drove his Volkswagen through the stop sign and then parked in front of his home. Upon exiting his vehicle he stood on his front porch and for about a minute bellowed out an eery scream-yell that resounded down the valley as if he were a wounded Sasquatch. My iPhone camera did not pick up the audio with quality worth posting on YouTube, otherwise, I would have spliced it in. It was truly a bizarre moment, but that is what one expects in Darwin.

I like this documentary "Darwin" produced in 2011 and available on Netflix. See details at IMDB:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1735335/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Life begins in Death Valley