Rocks In Head And Stones In My Passway

Discussion about places West of the Rockies
Death Valley Dazed
Death Valley Resident

Rocks In Head And Stones In My Passway

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:44 am

Another thread in the forum was hitting on the various manmade stone circles and formations around Death Valley which continues to fascinate me. It then dawned on me like a Zabriskie Point sunrise that one reason I love DEVA so much is that one can actually see the rocks which are not covered by the usual lovey vegetation of other national parks.

I love being around rocks and it's a good thing because they seem to grow where I live, especially the lichen-covered ones. I've spent many quiet and peaceful hours out in nature constructing horseback riding trails by hand with pick-ax and shovel for my wife's horse-riding business in the mountains above our home in Utah. For any other descendants of Fred, Wilma, Barney, and Betty who love to rock on I created a video highlighting a portion of my rock-art-work in Cherry Canyon, Utah. Some of it is still too snow-covered but I was able to access enough to make a video. Currently, I'm surfacing our home driveway with large flat lichen-covered stones in the cobblestone style.

Life begins in Death Valley

gambrinus
Jayhawker

Re: Rocks In Head And Stones In My Passway

Post by gambrinus » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 am

Nice work you are doing on that trail. But are you being honest about your age? You do the things of a 20 or 30 year old.
My hat is off to you sir.

Death Valley Dazed
Death Valley Resident

Post by Death Valley Dazed » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:52 am

gambrinus wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 am
But are you being honest about your age?
Thank you and I have been dishonestly UNDERrepresenting my age. I actually turn 68 next month. :dance: My motto: "Move it or lose it!"
Life begins in Death Valley

gambrinus
Jayhawker

Post by gambrinus » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Good motto.
For some reason I felt the need to tell you that when I see your avatar I do a double take, you look very much like my closest friend did 20 years ago.
The hat, glasses, hair and very much your face is a spitting image of him.